The TLL offers an array of teaching consultation and support services to help HGSE faculty members continue to improve their ability to create high-quality learning experiences for students. As much as possible, our goal is to make teaching more effective, more efficient, and more enjoyable. We engage faculty members as a partner, working together to address teaching problems of practice by identifying and implementing research-based solutions tailored to the HGSE context. Our offerings, which are confidential and formative in nature, can range from a single conversation to semester-long support.
Main Consultation Services
- Designing or revising a course, class session, or assignment
- Observing (in-person or via video) and debriefing a class session
- Expanding your pedagogical repertoire
- Teaching inclusively
- Managing hot moments in the classroom
- Leveraging instructional technology
- Assessing student learning
- Creating formative feedback mechanisms
- Interpreting and responding to student feedback
To schedule a consultation or to simply learn more about our offerings, please contact Josh Bookin, Associate Director of Instructional Support and Development (firstname.lastname@example.org, 5-3967, Gutman 335). We look forward to the possibility of working with you!